Jimmy D. 2011 F-10 550i Sport, Black Sapphire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F-10 550i

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I have a triple black F10 M5, with Piano Black Trim as well. What kind of wax did you use on it? Does it really help to keep scratches and stuff from accumulating? I have Opti-Coat 2.0, I was thinking of maybe using that as a protectant. Interesting ideas.
At first I used Meguiars tech wax, it worked fine, I now use Wolfgang Fusion wax on my car, I love this wax, and it is worth it...and I also do the wood panels with it...so any wax is good, I wouldnt use one that powders up though because of the mess, waxing keeps the swirls and fine lines down, you dont have to let it dry, just apply and remove quickly. I only use a high quality micro fiber to clean it or buff it off, I dont know anything about the opti coat process, I dont know if I would chance that since it is a permanent ceramic coating. It may work though, try one of the smaller panels to test it. If you have any heavy swirls on the wood, swirl remover by meguiars works great followed by a coat of wax. The black or the wood in my opinion is much better than the metal since it is still a luxury car, and gives it that rich look. I would of got the piano black if it were an option for my 2011, but I got the dark burl wood, not the anthracite.
Appreciate 0