View Single Post
      05-06-2014, 12:48 PM   #67
crmgr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535XI M-Sport

I took delivery of my new 2014 M-Sport end of March. It has about 1,000 miles. I've seen this message twice. Both times when I had the car out in the drive to wash. All I did was back it out. Also had the doors open to clean the interior. The message came on when I pulled it back into the garage. Haven't seen it any other time. No rhyme or reason to it really. Just sounds as if the car sensed a power drain with a short start/off cycle and turned off some systems to prevent a drain.

I did have a battery problem back in January with my 2011. The message however, was stronger and referenced a discharged battery. Ended up being a bad cell and I had the battery replaced.

My SA says the computer monitors functions and in his opinion is conservative in sending out this new message. Find it hard to believe I would have a battery problem after only 1,000 miles. I don't even use the auto start/stop.

Right now I'll just monitor and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
After having my battery replaced for "increased battery discharge" less than one year ago, I'm now getting this new never before seen message. I didn't leave anything on and I've gotten it multiple times thus far. Why!? Why!? Why!?
Appreciate 0