12-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #14
RickyB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: DGM 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
Looks great.
Is the top of the Arkym lip painted too?
Yes, just the top is painted. The lip is a Rep so my idea all along was to paint it. However, the quality of the carbon fiber was actually decent, considering, so I thought it would look cool to leave some carbon exposed in the front. Sort of a pinstripe along the bottom. Very subtle and hardly noticeable with the dark paint.
The fitment was also surprisingly very good on the lip. However, the same could not be said about the diffuser. It's a rep from a vendor here on the forum. So despite some favorable reviews, not only was the fitment difficult to correct, the carbon fiber was also less than stellar. Of course, as you guys know, these are the issues you run into with reps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piers View Post
Bumper looks great, but not 100% about the lights yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbbrewer View Post
looks good, got to delete those ugly fogs though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN_GT View Post
Looks mean

I did the same thing with the eyelids too, however mine were wrapped. I think it makes the car look much more aggressive and is an alternative to painting the housing of the lights itself, which looks great too. I never liked the white eyelids on the new Bimmers, esp the F10/07s.

Lip looks very nice as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj1013 View Post
Agree. I think the paint actually emphasizes that you have 4 surfaces painted in close proximity to each other (bumper, hood, fender and now headlamp).
Thank you guys. It did take me a while to decide, and I'm glad I chose this lip. I actually haven't even seen the car in person yet. The headlights, I think, look good now considering the low res photos and the harsh glare of the shop lights. I'm thinking that in natural light and with the halos on they will look awesome. I knew the headlights would be a source of contention, so to speak, but I really think when it's all finished up they will look great. They do have a photographer at the shop and once I get the wheels back on we plan on doing a shoot. Keep a lookout!

Last edited by RickyB; 12-26-2013 at 10:41 PM..
Appreciate 0