View Single Post
      06-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #4
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I also have a sophisto grey car and and recommend this colour.
I went for black interior .

I've gone for the professional stereo which I think overall is good.
Treble is very clear although over bright and the bass can be boomy so needs some amendments in the equaliser to flatten things out a bit. Its never going to be up to audiophile standards and I'm sure you can always do better but I'm certianly happy with it - plenty of volume to drown out any noise tehre may be (although the F10 is a very quite car anyway)
I only heard the standard audio system briefly on a test drive listening to the radio which was ok - difficult to resally give an informative comment on it but like most things, if you can afford to upgrade its probably worth doing so.

I went for professional nav with HUD and certianly no regrest there. The HUD is really good and now I wouldn't want a car without it.

I have 19" 351 style wheels with msport suspension - I find the ride on the whole fine, its not as firm as my E39 msport I had previosuly, its a little more supple but potholes are certianly felt in the car and I make sure I avoid them in the road if I can.
As Gspannu said, the 19" wheels do tramline , thats just a feature of having a wide wheels.They are 245 on the front and 275 on the back so pretty wide.
I've not experienced any other suspension systems other than the SE which is a bit smoother.
Like anything in a car, best if you can try out a car with the options and make the decision on what you prefer. There's no right answer here, its what you like that counts.

I've gone for the visibility package simply as I wanted xenon (no brainer) and he package was only slight more than just ticking xenons and you get adaptive lights as well. I've not tried these on unlit roads as of yet but I think well worth going for. You must go for xenons (which also give you those nice angel eye DRLs) and if you do that , it makes sense to go for the visibility package anyway.

I've gone for he sport auto given it was only slight more than the standard - I thought he flappy paddles would be a gimmick but have actually used them a bit. I'd say go for that.

I didn't go for internet

I opted for DAB given I'm planning to keep the car for 10 years and don't want to find in a few years time that we can't get FM stations. shame its a £350 option but I think if you plan to keep the car past 3 years, its worth doing. If FM stations do go away then it may justhelp selling the car as well even if it has no residual value as such.

I didn't got the sun protection glass but did go for the climate comfort windscreen. not a must have option though.

If you budget allows it, I'd go for he alcantara headlining which is simply loverly. Only car you might see in teh showroom that might have this will be a M5, was told its not a common option to be ordered.

I see you are aksing baout fuelconsumption - I have a 530d and my figures are over 1400 miles average is 39mpg. Around town is typically nudging 35mpg if driven sensibly - maybe 30 or even 25 if heavy footed. Motorway hourneys at 70mph arond 40mpg but with some calm driving at 50-60 mph 50 is easily achiveable and I once saw 60mpg before I pulled off the motorway - but that was a test to see what I could get and is not typical driving.
as I say that for the 3 litre , so would expect yo get more than that, others on this forum will let o knwo what they getting.

in terms of negotiations, push hard, Imanaged to get 11% off (everthing including options) you may be able to get mode potentially.

I'd also pay the £400 for the 5 years servicing - no brainer.

Only 2 issues I have had to date is drifting to the left - brining the car into the dealership this saturday to take a technician on the motorway to show the issue. Car has been KDS aligned.
Realtime traffix info (google rtti) also doesn't work on some journeys

Oher than that, perfect and everyone I've shown eh car to has had an envious look on their face!
Appreciate 0