E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
although at time we all think the stewards are all idiots, in this case i dont agree. If you look at the gap btwn LH and Kobayashi, think at the time it was about 15 sec, w/ everyone else very close behind. The drive through would take roughly 20 sec, meaning LH would have come out in 6-7 easily, all the commentators also thought that. BUT LH was told to push his car to the max and was able to make enough of a gap

as others have said, this wasnt the first time this has happened in F1, the only diff is the average person hates LH and thats why its a big deal

I dont see people complaining about the other drivers only getting 5 sec penalties when LH got closer to 20, he was just fast enough were it didnt bother him
To be honest, this was non-issue. Ferrari and Alonso wasn't happy because the SC didn't played in their favor. And the penalty handed to LH wasn't severe enough in their perspective.

As I mentioned yesterday, every driver does that when they suspect they will serve a drive-through penalty. Mark Webber in Nurburgring last year, and Nico Rosberg in Singapore 2008. They both make up enough time not to lose track position or minimize the track position lost while serving the penalty.

Alonso blamed the FIA "manipulated" the race result. There's no way in hell I will agree! If the Stewards looked at the time gap for LH and cars behind, then decide what kind of penalty to drop him 4-5 grid spots....then THIS IS MANIPULATING THE RESULT!!!! You cannot adjust the penalty to make others feel more "fair".