View Single Post
      07-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #24
schoy
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Here is what is obvious to me, especially someone with kids and have seen them mimic what you do. Kids are observant they have all the time in the world to watch and learn. You have to ask yourself how did this kid learn this.

Simple the parents obvious had the kid in the front seat and I'll assume in a car seat. There is no way a kid could have figure that out if they were in a car seat in the back where they should have been. You have parent driving around with a kid in the passenger side front seat watch everything they are doing and this is what happens.
My daughter, at the age of 1 (meaning she sat in the back facing backwards), had already learned to put on the driver's seat seatbelt, put the key into the ignition (wasn't strong enough to turn it over), and play with the signals. And no, we never taught her. We just put her in the driver's seat one day, standing upright and holding onto the steering wheel, and she just casually leaned down and picked up the keys and did all of the above.

So, yeah, not much of a stretch for a 3-year-old.
Appreciate 0