View Single Post
      10-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #25
karmakal
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G30 530D (iX50 on order)

Pdewinter,

Ik zal je vragen in't Engels beantwoorden zodat ze door allemaal verstandbaar zijn.

My car bought in the UK is now fully immatriculated in Belgium.
Here are the steps I followed :

1) Contact Park Lane in UK and ask for an offer for your car setup.
2) Once you have agreed on an offer you can proceed with the order and pay the 20 or 25% deposit. In my case I also bought the GBP (british pounds) for the deposit at the order and I bought the balance amount forward through my bank to avoid currency risk (it was no problem as this is sth I do on a regular basis for my business).
3) 3 weeks before delivery, I settled the GBP contract and paid the balance of the price
4) 2 weeks before delivery, convened a date for collecting the car and received from Park lane an invoice that I sent to my insurer to insure the car based on chassis number. Received 2 days after that green insurance card + insurance sticker for immatriculation. Also booked the train to from Brussels to Ashford station (Eurostar) and shuttle from Folkestone to Calais.
5) Collection : really smooth. Don't forget your insurance and ID card. Take Eurostar to Ashford then taxi to the garage. Your car is equiped with temporary UK plates. Collect the car and drive 18 km to Folkestone. Put the car on the shuttle and in 30 min you're in Calais. Then < 2 hours drive to Brussels.
6) Immatriculation in Belgium :
Step 1 : customs. Bring original invoice, ceertificate of conformity, ID and in my case, my company statutes. In 30 min. I received an immatriculation form. Cost : 10 cents.
Step 2 : go to Auto Control office for a simple stamp on your immatr. form. No cost. 5 min. needed as far as I was concerned.
Step 3 : go to DIV for immatriculation (don't forget insurance sticker). As I was keeping my plates everything was arranged in 20 minutes. No cost.
Step 4 : send back filled out form to UK customs to advise your car has been immatriculated in Belgium (you receive the form upon collecting the car, only need to confirm your new plate number)
7) VAT : my car was bought by my company so there was no need to pay the VAT in Belgium before going to the customs office. The VAT related to the car was simply introduced in my monthly declaration. Customs office only checked I had no liabilities with VAT adlinistration. As a private person the procedure may be different but I can't help you about that.

That's it. Congrats for your new car and best of luck with the administration.
Appreciate 0