View Single Post
      02-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
Keller Steeler
Rep
Drives: Soon to be 550i

Newbie - About to Order, HUD Question

I have been lurking here for a couple months as I have been narrowing down my car choices. A ton of great info here - thanks. I drove an A6, A7, 535i, and 550i. The power of the 550i grabbed me. I really liked the A6, minus the pop up nav, but the 550i is a different animal. I have never really been a huge car guy and thought I did not need/want the power - it left an impression.

Anyway, I visited a dealer for about the 6th time in two weeks as I get closer to pulling the trigger. I have my color combo picked out and options that I want. They located one that could be here in a couple of weeks with my options and colors. It does have a HUD and the top and side view cameras on top of what I want. I liked the cameras on a few that I have driven so that is not a problem. What I don't know about is the HUD. Is it worth having? I am happy with the price I have been quoted, but a $1k+ is still a $1k + for something I have not really looked at. For those of you that have it, do you use it or is it a novelty? I am trying to decide to pull the trigger on this or just order one without. Thanks
Appreciate 0