07-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #72
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
Evidently Goodyear - 0; Pirelli - 1 on the GT

Appears to be entirely a Goodyear Excellence tyre issue as I have run my GT on OEM Pirelli PZeroes with no issue at all and would highly recommend this high performance tyre having had it both on the F07 GT and F13 640d.

245/40/R20 99Y front
275/35/R20 102Y rear

On the GT, Replaced the OEMs at 20,000 miles with 3 mm tread, slightly more wear on the outside edge but this is normal on BMW suspension geometry, with a lot of low speed driving, cornering, parking. While 1.6 mm is legal limit, anywhere lower than 3 mm is a compromise on stopping distances, especially in the wet and coming winter, and road feel and noise.

Got an outstanding deal on Pirelli PZeroes, each at £299/front £318/rear, fully fitted and balanced at Kenilworth Tyre Service in Warwickshire.

Threads like these are very useful to galvanise opinion and evidence so that BMW can deal with the issue. I think the issues with CS are frustrating but must be expected as they do not have the discretion or authority to settle claims, are often unaware of developing issues without a formal brief, and let's face it - a LOT of BMW owners have begun to 'try it on' as costs of servicing and maintaining cars begins to pinch in these times. Wish you all luck and please keep these and other service issues coming for other owners.
Appreciate 0