View Single Post
      05-31-2013, 11:20 PM   #16
shihwei
Banned
Rep
Drives: F10 520d

Hi guys,
It seems like a lot of people have the same issue and our curstomers' problem is our problem. So I will try my best to see if we can resolve this together. Since I am unable to see the exact problem, except through pictures and talk to a few of you guys over the phone, it sounds like the imperfection happens right around where the tow hook cover is on the right side and and the respective position on the left. I believe member M535 had the diffuser on the bumper when it was off the car and it looked perfect; however, when the bumper was installed back on the car, the metal tab was pushing against something inside, causing this gap that most people are seeing. The following is a blow-up diagram of the F10 M-Sport rear bumper and it looks like the metal tabs are pushing against part 7 Bottom Center Guide.
Name:  422.jpg
Views: 25418
Size:  68.6 KB
If possible, please have this part removed as the purpose of this part is to push against the bumper from the inside to make it firm; however this causes the bumper to lose some of its flexibility. After doing so, it should create some room for the metal tabs and allow the bumper cover to move a little bit in order to make the fitment better.

STOOF, since your diffuser seems to have issues on both sides and you still need work done on your exhaust, would you mind helping all of us out by trying this?

The diffuser was sold without the metal inserts in Asia; it was only added with the intention of easier and more secure installation for our U.S. customers; however, it seems to be causing more problems. As all of you can see that the diffuser fits perfectly to the bumper when it is not on the car, I really think the problem can be solved with different installation techniques.

I am glad that we are having a good discussion on this forum; and hopefully with proper adjustments, all of these can look perfect!! Please feel free to PM me to discuss. Thank you all.
Appreciate 0