Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
Jersey =/= Monaco. Looking at the photos and videos coming from people who drove the track it doesn't look anything like either of the tracks you mentioned. Are they only going there for the view of NYC?
I sure hope it doesn't look like another track as a season of cookie cutter races would be mighty boring. You said Jersey is crowded and residential and I simply reminded you that Monaco, Valencia, and Singapore are as well. I didn't mention anything about status, prestige, history, or even the design of the fucking track so please pump the brakes before saying I believe the track or event will be of the same caliber.

I have no illusions that Jersey is anything more than it is... a state that aggravates the shit out of me when I need to fly from Newark but you guys keep dwelling on the word "Jersey." You can get a similar view of the city from Queens or Brooklyn, would that have made this easier to swallow? This race will be, for all intents and purposes, the Grand Prix of Manhattan that happens to take place one thousand feet to the west... in New Jersey.

Have any of those complaining actually been to Weehawken? The waterfront where the race will take place happens to be a very upscale area (as is much of northern NJ, for that matter). You're talking about million dollar views of the Manhattan skyline from the grandstands vs trees in Texas... give me a break. Don't we have enough tracks with sand and palm trees? I welcome this to the mix.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0