View Single Post
      06-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #10
e92_4_me
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubenhocker View Post
Hellelujah brother!

3 of my last 4 cars have been BMW's and a large part of the appeal was the relatively simple options. Now it is too complicated, more like the specs you see buying a pick-up truck.

I guess the biggest concern is the extra money you have to spend to get the handling one could get from any older model BMW. I am leaning heavily towards the LEXUS GS350 FSport. One option package and you get everything you need, most importantly a naturally aspirated V6!
I actually ended up going to a 2014 GS350 F Sport. I did a short term lease for 24 months to try it out. no regrets so far. The steering feel of the Lexus (in sport + mode) is far better then the 3 and 5 series. It drives great, the ride is a lot stiffer then I expected, not your grandmas slush bucket any more. Plus, for the same payment of a near base line 528i, I'm getting a fully loaded F-Sport with a 6 cylinder engine! Option for option - blind spot monitor, premium stereo, keyless access and start, heated/ventilated seats, leather, NAV, etc. if I would have priced out a comparable 5 series it would cost 11k more. I really loved my last e92, but as far as my budget and what kind of car I got for the money, the Lexus made more sense. 0 down, 0 drive off was the deal breaker for me. At the end of my Lexus lease, I will go and see what BMW has to offer at that time, but for now I'm real happy with my decision.

-Sold,2016 Lexus GS350 F-Sport-
-Sold,2014 Lexus GS350 F-Sport-
-Sold,2009 BMW 328i Coupe-

Last edited by e92_4_me; 06-06-2014 at 11:55 PM.. Reason: grammer/spelling
Appreciate 0