View Single Post
      02-03-2022, 09:51 PM   #4
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LdkE View Post
Are we talking about the door blinds or "just" the rear jalousie/blind in the rear window shelf?

Would be interested in that as well - but a quick look in the parts catalog told me that this runs $$$ since the door trims are needed and the rear window shelf - mine is Individual with Alcantara - so even more $$$
And its not only the parts - wiring is needed for the rear window blind as well - just not sure if with some options the wiring and/or control unit is already in place.

Can you pls educate me what JBE is?

Cheers

Lars
The JBE is the Junction Box Electronics an electronic module mounted in the fuse box mounted in the front fuse box, accessible via the glovebox. In order to remove the JBE, it will require access to two small screws that hold the JBE into the fuse box, and it's much easier if the glovebox is removed (remove Qty 6 Torx screws and some electrical connectors).

If you change the driver's door switch assembly (requires door panel removal), that includes the roller sunblind switch, and then run two wires (green and white) from the JBE to the roller sunblind, VO code the roller sunblind (in the JBE), that's all there is too it....

In your case where you want to keep the Alcantara on the rear shelf, there are few on eBay from M5's that have Alcantara rear parcel shelf panel (P/N 51468038146)
Appreciate 0