View Single Post
      03-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #18
DieselDog
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1994 E36 Coupe 318is "Gunter"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla1995 View Post
Dude, the wagon sales in the USA have been horrible, and wagons have a higher MSRP new, yet sell for less in the used market than the sedans. That all tells you that not enough Americans want a wagon, unfortunately. It's a shame but that's the reality.
That was then - this is now: Consumer tastes are changing. Body-on-frame SUVs are dead, as evidenced by Ford changing the Explorer in 2011-12 to uni-body construction. Car buyers seeking practical transportation ARE considering wagons, and some manufacturers have been readying vehicles, notably Cadillac's CTS Wagon and the recent news of Lexus strongly considering including of a wagon in it's next IS iteration. I question BMW's consideration of replacing the Touring in the USA with a heavier, more expensive, less practical, limited driveline vehicle. It seems logical that a great marketing department would be able and willing to prepare a business plan and create demand for great-looking, well-engineered, practical and sporting transportation such as the F11.

If they can't, allow me to give it a try. I'll do it for free! They have such a great product here, I can't stop thinking about it!
Appreciate 0