walmark
Apprentice
Rep
Drives: 550i F10 '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitchn5ive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by walmark View Post
Here is another candidate that will soon be complaining about how unreliable N63TU is and how it threw a rod for no reason…

Issues with BM3 "knocking" https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1921141
When you post this in the thread I started, referring to "another candidate", it seems you've once again missed my point. I wasn't, nor do I think was the OP of the thread you referenced, taking any issue with the motor. We are taking issue with Bootmod3.

I did not once suggest the motor is unreliable nor did I act as if my engine failure happened for no reason or as a result of it operating in its stock form.

These threads are posted to gain assistance that can't be had from bootmod3 and/or for others to see what some peoples' experience has been like. Nothing more.
Sorry, I didn't mean to accuse you of anything. I was simply restating that most of reliability concerns about these engines comes from the fact that people tune them to failure and are then surprised. Your thread is another example of what a cheap tune can do to an engine, that's all. His is similar. I know you did not complain about N63TU in general.
It is not the best engine in the world of course, but it's much better than people give it credit for when left alone and properly maintained.
Appreciate 0