View Single Post
      05-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
F10 HRE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black F10 M Sport

1st Vorsteiner F10 550i M Sport Exhaust Customer

Wzp everyone, it's Jay. I haven't been on here in a minute. Just wanted to update & share my journey with my F10:

So... I've been doing a lot of research on many different exhaust systems for the F10 550i M Sport. I was deciding on many different factors such as sound: loud and aggressive vs deep and exotic. Then, I took into consideration the benefits of axle back vs cat back exhaust systems. I've gone on youtube a billion times and understand/realize that what I'm hearing on youtube vs in person is completely different. In the end, I narrowed it down to Meisterschaft GTC Valve Controlled vs Eisenmann Race vs Vorsteiner Exhaust. When I heard the Vorsteiner Exhaust and heard that it was cat back... I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT!!! But... when I found out that they only make the exhaust system for the F10 535i, I was completely heartbroken After calling Vorsteiner and finding out that they will most likely NOT make an exhaust system for my car, I was left with no choice. After waiting patiently and consistently looking at Bimmerpost, I saw a thread from Eric @ SupremePower about fitting a Vorsteiner Cat Back Exhaust on an F10 550i... I was excited. Come to find out, the F10 550i that was test fitted was the owner of Vorsteiner's dad's car. The word was that the outcome of the system was too loud and had too much droan. After much debate, and asking advice from my better half and my daughter (a teenager who loves cars like we do)... both of them said: "DO IT!!!" So, I gave Eric @ SupremePower a call and we hit it off intantly...

I made the drive from San Diego, California to Anaheim, California (about 90 miles), and felt like a kid awaiting for Toys R Us to open. Eric and his staff are very personable and extremely friendly. Eric even showed me around in the shop and Eric showed me his brand new 2012 Porsche 911 S and all the custom goodies that they have done and he shared his future plans with his new toy.

On to the exhaust: As promised by Eric, my F10 would be done in about an Hour and a half. As particular and type-a of a personality I have, I expressed my concerns about the exhaust and carefully handling my car since I have it lowered on 21' HRE's with Carbon Fiber goodies everywhere. Of course... Eric took care of my car and took me to the back when my car was complete. When my F10 first started, I was blown away!!! The car sounded like it was awake now.

Description: When driving on the streets and/or the freeway - The exhaust sounds like an exhaust would. Loud vs Deep vs Grumble vs Exotic vs Throaty. When you accelerate, you hear all of the above as described. But when you reach the speed limit as desired and coast... it sounds as though it were a little louder than stock.

Droan: When accelerating uphill on the streets/freeway... you'll hear the Vorsteiner sound. I can still have a conversation with my better half with the volume on the stereo low without yelling at each other to have a conversation. She didn't even complain!!! We all know how they can complain about the smallest things sometimes.

Sound: The best way that I can describe the sound in comparison is: 2012 C63 AMG. The Vorsteiner Cat Back Exhaust System on my F10 550i M Sport has a deep - grumble - exotic - classy - throaty - bimmer sound.

Power Gain/MPG: On the Vorsteiner website, they claim on the F10 535i to gain about 10hp. I am not sure about the power gain on my F10 550i, but I sure do notice an increase in MPG.

Looks: The Stainless Steel muffler with the quad matte silver finish is a great balance.

To top off my day that was going so well, Eric got wind of my birthday coming up at the end of the month and took care of my labor fee by absorbing it I would 100% recommend SupremePower!!! Ask for Eric @ SupremePower:

Eric @ SupremePower
1025-B Ortega Way
Placentia, CA. 92870
(714) 632-1951
eric@supremepower.com

Here are a couple pics of my F10. I tried uploading the short video, but it won't let me upload it. But, if you're going to Bimmerfest... I'll see you there. ENJOY!!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0