View Single Post
      01-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #13
COBodom
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
This is the stuff consumer behavior studies are made of!!

I dont lease, but if I did, I would want my car to operate as intended while I had it, and ensure that it was equally enjoyable for the next guy. $3 per week is not something I worry about while I am driving a $50k+ car

On the other hand, while I am pumping gas, I notice other MB and BMW drivers filling up with 87 OCT. So I suppose many people are penny wise and pound foolish
The price of the car has nothing to do with this. It’s the principle.

There are many different opinions on what gas to choose. Some may feel the difference in acceleration and some may not. However, to go through a lease with the idea of ensuring the car will be “equally enjoyable for the next guy” is just an absurd!

Of course it’s the stuff from consumer behavior studies and there is nothing wrong with it!

Every month I choose to pay premium for driving a BRAND NEW car and I use the car as I please NOT as "the next guy" would like the car to have been used. I don’t care about “the next guy”. Lease is not a 36 months community service to babysit the car for “the next guy” so that he can get it a discounted used car price. If a “next guy” wants a nice car he can get a new one or pay to get the used car certified. No free ride.

BMW can recommend whatever they want as long as premium is not required the car gets bare minimum that is required. If it breaks they need to fix it.
Appreciate 0