09-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #77
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Then could you tell me what the difference was? If your modded 550ix dinan was such a beast.. why is the M5 better?

You want people to be jealous of you M5, that is why you came here. You want to be admired for something you purchased .. but if you cannot even tell us why your M5 is so great.. perhaps admiration cannot be bought?

Well, technically, you ARE in a F10->M5 conversion thread, and you ARE telling us how one should not do it .. then definitions don't matter.
You really don't know when to give up, do you? The M5 has stronger acceleration, better (stock) sound, more supportive seating, stronger components, tighter steering, amazing roadholding, etc. To me it is the difference between a heavy family saloon and a true, nimble sports car. The driving feel is that much different. It does not feel like a 4800lb car.

I'm actually not trying to make anybody jealous. I'm very concerned that you somehow got that impression. After all, I really don't post about my car all that much. I don't have thread after thread detailing my builds with pictures, props from sponsors, etc. In fact I posted a grand total of 5 pictures of my M5.

I'm just an enthusiast who enjoys talking to and seeing pictures of other enthusiast's cars. I have tremendous respect for those who modify their vehicles. I think much of what I see here is very tasteful and executed well.

What I do not respect is a car being turned into something it is not. THAT is the point you should be making. I'm not here to make anybody jealous. But clearly the OP's customer is... there's no other reason to do it. He wants people to think that he's loaded and could afford to drive the M5 in a country where it is prohibitively expensive. I hope that doesn't backfire on him. Though if it did, they'd probably just give the car back when they realize their mistake.