09-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #81
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
You're on a roll. Off the mark, again.

I drive an M5 because I wanted an M5. It's not a status symbol to me. It's a car. I knew what features I wanted and found them in the M5. If I really wanted my car to be a status symbol or a demonstration of my "wealth" I could've purchased something else that is far flashier, louder, or ostentatious.

I accept that there will always be imitators. But I don't have to agree with it and am free to voice my opinion on the matter whenever I choose. If that means being flamed or labeled a hater I will just have to accept that. I have better things to do with my time than lower myself to that level.

Knowing that you're posting from Asia, and more specifically China - notorious for copyright infringement, a flagrant disregard for intellectual property, and flooding markets with cheap, often unsafe imitation goods - leads me to believe that you will never understand nor agree with my point of view. It's only a matter of time before replica M5 body kits start being stamped and sold on eBay from this part of the world.

With that, I'm unsubscribing.
You're a great sport for putting up with this.
I'll give it one more shot:
Your issue is with imitators/copiers .. which may result from your line of work?
Well. you know the reason why people buy fakes is because they can't afford the real thing, but want the (real) thing.. They were never your customers to start with. Think of it as growing the future pie, they will be your customers in the future when they have money.
Perhaps if you calculate it, you may not even be suffering a direct loss at present, because those sales were never yours.. and the guys who can afford it will buy the real thing if there is a difference in quality.
Don't know if this addresses the original motivation of your post.
Good to argue with you and thank you for your business.
Appreciate 0