Thread: Steering
View Single Post
      05-31-2012, 06:12 AM   #32
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I'm getting my 2 week old 530d looked at next week as it drifts to the left on motoroways. First thing I di was check pressures , which were a little low. (Surely e PDI should have these bang on?)
Aware camber can affect this but I didn't really feel this happening on my previosu E39.
It not dangerous but something that I'm aware of and if it something yo are aware of , it can niggle you. I guess those of us on these of our forums are arguably more particualr our cars than most.

In general I've quickyl got used to the steering, its nowwhere as 'raw' as it was on my E39 and I do miss that. With the E39 , you cold really feel what the tyres were doing and to graba phrase I heard on Top gear, you could tell if the paint markings on the road were Dulux or Crown paint!
You get my drift (no pun intended!)

The F10 steering is numb by comparison, and I don't feel anywhere as involved. I do think the F10 is a different car though, mofe luxery than sporting perhaps. it still a pleasant place to be but the ultimate driving machine, well I think its lost something.
Appreciate 0