11-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #14
73henny
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: a lovely new G20 320dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
This is how you do a propper car wash. With a bit of practice you are done in approx 30 minutes for a F11.

1: Spray the whole car with Bilthamber Surfex HD diluted 1:30. This stuff eats dirt and dust like nothing else and wont damage paint or wax when diluted 1:30 Leave on for five minutes. I make a mixture of total 6 liters and soak the car in this.

2: Rins off with a pressure washer. Now you car allready looks clean by most peoples standard (yes, it's that good)

3: Wash the car with a wollen mitten using the two bucket method with grit guards (google it)

4: Spray off all soap with a pressure washer

5: DRY the car. Make sure whatever you do use is not harsh and is 100% CLEAN. I recommend using chemical guys miracle dryer. Have two of them. One will dry your whole car, and have the second one for getting the last bits and parts.
Hi Livelarger.
I read your post with interest. I've just taken delivery of a F10 in Sophisto grey and as yet has never been washed. I'd like to keep swirl marks to an absolute minimum so have been looking for ways to best clean the car. This surfex stuff you mention - how do you apply it? Foam lance?. Also, I read somewhere that the best method of rinsing is just with an open ended hose?, and that its best to let it dry naturally so no contact is made with the paint?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0