08-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #4
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
Very interesting; I've just checked my Sep '10 built car and I get a display exactly as depicted on your link. TBH it's not a feature I've used before, so I can't say whether the triangular icon has always been there or if it's suddenly appeared in conjunction with the new version of 'connected drive'. However, the list of traffic info appears to be very comprehensive, but I've no way of telling how accurate it is.
Considering that it's info sent to the car from 'connected drive' it might well be the case that all cars with pro-nav can receive the updates, regardless of build date.
I suggest that you have a look at your screen and check whether or not it matches the picture on the web-link; please let me know what you find - thanks.
Jon

I get the traffic info etc in the text box with the various warnings of delays etc but what i dont get (which is not that easy to see on the BMW site) are the green, amber, red lines on the maps showing the flow of traffic. The traffic on my map is just indicated by a series of arrows depending on the length of queue. This is apparantly the difference between TMC and RTTI

MS