03-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #27
alextremo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimefam View Post
Alextremo when you gonna upgrade to the stage 3? I heard a member on another forum claiming that the dealer dyno'd it and it put down 540whp(I think he is about 100whp short of that) but I thought once you got it you'd shed some light on how big a difference there is. If it's a big deal I'll probably drop the 4k to get up to stage 3 since everyone else seems full of BS and shiv ain't gonna do anything for the N63 for a while.
Haven't really thought about it. I'm not really interested in their mufflers - was actually planning on keeping the OEM catback with the AR DPs but your dyno, and no O2 sim solution are keeping me on the sidelines for now so I'm running stock exhaust. I'm sure the Dinan mufflers don't flow that much better than stock, but not sure if they'd do stage 3 without exhaust. I might ask now that you bring it up.

I don't believe that dyno # is accurate, he hasn't posted the results or a baseline so color me skeptical until we see more data. Hell, even Dinan only markets it as a 10hp bump over Stage 2...

Not sure about others, but I think you're right that Vishnu is a ways off. Shiv's got a nice opportunity with the single turbo kit he's testing and I'm guessing that will take up his time for quite a while.

If you are going to get the flash and you have any luck it shouldn't be 4k - I got mine for 25% off. Dinan was having a 15% off sale and my dealer threw 10% on top of that. You just have to root for the Ganassi cars in Grand Am so they'll run another sale
Appreciate 0