View Single Post
      04-13-2018, 05:50 PM   #13
jolenberger
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i- 6 Speed Manual

F10 Center Console Removal

First time user on this, and first time removing trim pieces. I just want to confirm that, after removing the torx screw under the lock cylinder cover I will need to pry up the center console (assuming with a trim removal tool) to remove it. The prying is what makes me nervous. Are there specific points I need to pry up? How many clips are holding this down (2 on each side?) Anything else I need to know?

Here's the story: I recently purchased a 2011 (F10) 535i manual transmission. The Idrive controller sticks when moved to the right and the dealer sent me out a replacement idrive controller. I would also like to swap out the cup holder as the chrome trim is bubbling up. I think both are accessed by removing the center console, and it is my understanding that both are relatively easy to replace once you get the center console trim off. I just don't want to break my newly acquired car in the process. Are there any plastic retaining clips that are likely to break in the removal process that I should proactively order?

Thanks!
Appreciate 1
tet0010.00