View Single Post
      06-10-2010, 02:58 AM   #63
kripsykreme
Rep
Drives: 09 135i, 09 M3, 06 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibimmer346 View Post
Not on the MT. There is no holder for the key on the MT. There aren't even 2 real cup holders. And even on the AT, the holder is non-functional from what I see in the Owner's Manual.

I think you're making an assumption based on your experience in the E90. The shifter is very different on the F10. There is absolutely a smooth feel between all gear shifts. No strange feel between 1st and 2nd.

I drove a 6MT E90 M3 last week. The clutch and shifter feel completely different than the F10. The M3 made a very loud "thunk" when shifting between 1 and 2. The F10 is completely silent. The M3 owner noticed it as well as we tried each other's car. His comment upon trying the F10: "Wow, that shift is smooth. But the clutch, I don't like that at all!"

As for myself, I'm getting more used to the clutch. I'm now feathering the clutch more on launch giving it a little more gas to get a smooth launch. Probably a little more clutch wear than what I was doing originally. But the takeoff is smoother.
Hmm, i stand corrected on the key holder. I agree is pretty useless. I mean you have keyless why do you need key holder? don't understand that at all.

I will go drive the F10 manual. That is very interesting to hear that CDV is gone on F10. The 1-2 shift on BMW manual is well known due to that damn CDV. I am very surprised to hear that F10 issue is gone. I got to try that.
Appreciate 0