View Single Post
      12-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #3
DieselDog
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1994 E36 Coupe 318is "Gunter"

I would love to see a manually-shifter 530d here in the States. From the posted spec-sheets, I see that they offer it in Europe. The combination yields great efficiency, with the sporting control I enjoy in a manual. I'd ditch my Jetta TDI AND E36 318is for an F10 530d with a stick IN A HEARTBEAT. I must be the *ONLY* person liking this combination because all the marketing "geniuses" would rather sell 535d, 535i, or 550i models. Hmmm. Perhaps there will be a black market for 530d models with a stick...

By the way, here's a comparison shot of the E60 and F10. I always HATED the rear door cut-line and the cutline on the rear decklid (Bangle-butt). For some reason, my eye followed the rear window down into the taillight (Bangle referred to this as a "downward curve of classisism," I called it a droopy ass...). The F10 rear-door cutline looks nicely curved. The bottom cutlines of the doors are nicely disguised in the F10. The cutline along the side for the rear bumper is now nicely curved upwards to the rear instead of running paralell to the ground. The leading edge of the front door cutline seems pushed forward, making the front doors seem longer and more elegant than the E60. And to top it off, the goofy curves of the E60's headlamp units (when viewed from the side) are gone in the F10, replaced by a more harmonious (though less adventurous) single curve around the front side marker lamps incorporated in the headlamp units.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0