View Single Post
      04-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellmat View Post
Now I have had my F10 for about 8 months I`m thinking about seeing if the navigation (Pro) needs updating. When I last did this on my old 335, I part exchanged the sat nav disc for a newer version with my dealer. Having gone through all my papers I have found out that when I picked the car up, no disc was given me.

Does anybody know how the navigation maps on the F10 are updated and what BMW charge? Also what happens if you have a problem and need to re-install the navigation maps again....I don`t see why I should have to pay a dealer to this when it easy to do yourself...if you have the disc?
For the F10, updates are loaded via a DVD disc, via the center console DVD player, that gets saved to the car's Hard Drive. This is all obviously loaded at the factory then updates can be done when they come out.....but will cost around $150? (Not sure, check other BMW forums). If in the event you do have issues with the Nav System, then I would guess a new reload would need to be done by the dealer and is only part of a bigger problem since all the I-Drive functionality resides there as well. Covered by Warranty up to the 50K miles or 4 Years.
Appreciate 0