04-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #144
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Dude...you're not worried...I AM!!!

Weather forecast for Mugello Circuit next week seemed quite cool. Around 60-65F (15-18C). Should use that day for Jenson to investigate and try different methods to get heat into his tires.

Its been a continuous problem where Jenson unable to put enough heat to his tire in cool weather races and especially qualifying (British, Germany GPs) where the track temp is cooler than expected. Which hurt Jenson dearly in qualifying, and compromise race eventually.

Button not worried about missing Mugello test

Quote:
Jenson Button is not worried about missing out on the upcoming in-season test at Mugello as McLaren looks set to stick with its original plan to run test drivers Gary Paffett and Oliver Turvey.

The three day test, which will run from Tuesday to Thursday next week, will see all the teams bar HRT take to the Italian circuit for the first in-season test since 2008. Earlier this week, Lewis Hamilton said that he was tempted to pull rank over Paffett and Turvey and test McLaren's latest developments himself, but Button doubts it will make much of a difference.

"The reason why we're not there is because we've never been to Mugello before," he told the Daily Mail. "I don't really think we will be a benefit because there aren't any massive updates to try.

"For the test drivers to put some miles on parts and try some very extreme things, then I think it's good, but it's not necessary for us to be there."

GPUpdate.net reports that McLaren will stick with Turvey and Paffett.
Two different mentality from two drivers, Lewis cannot wait to get more track time, and Jenson believes the teams schedule and approach, and their "plan".

http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsp...ory/77124.html