View Single Post
      08-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #79
K-A
Nice
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S SportDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoa View Post
so i had a chance to inspect the lci 5 series this morning. the dealership i was at had both models side by side so here is the height comparison. its not that much of a difference. its probably 10mm difference just like the non m-sport previously

Any closeups of the new intake grilles on the bumper? Posted this recently elsewhere and looking for clarity on it:

Oh, and can anyone with an LCI M Sport please confirm whether or not the new centered position of the foglights force you to be unable to see the large radiators behind the side intakes (i.e if the mesh in front of them is now closed off due to the foglights being in middle), or if they repositioned the radiators so they can still get free-flowing air? Or if like the F30 with fog lights, did they therefore now remove the radiators which were an exclusivity to 2011-2013 M Sports?

I'm really curious about this. If you look inside the side intakes of a pre-LCI M Sport, you'll see the foglights pushed to the edges therefore next to them (in the middle of the intakes) the holes are open/functional and there are two radiators behind them, allowing for extra cooling (an exclusive benefit to only M Sport cars that lots of people don't know about). Like I said before, on F30 M Sports, you either get the fog lights and NO extra radiators (U.S cars), or you get open holes feeding to extra radiators with no fog lights at all (EU cars). The pre-LCI F10 M Sports found the perfect way around this with foglights AND extra M-Sport exclusive radiators behind the side intakes, and I'm hoping the LCI's didn't sacrifice that with the new centered fog light position.
Appreciate 0