View Single Post
      10-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #50
bm323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12.2 E92 M3 ZCP; 12.7 C63

Well, I don't understand why the F10 makes me feel the way I do. In a crude manner of expressing it, I find the F10 more connected and tighter in sport mode than normal mode, but I prefer it even more connected/tighter than sport mode. I know the anti-roll works well in normal or sport, so I'm rather certain it's not the anti-roll. I just like my chassis tighter and I mentioned that this is with reference to smooth roads. If the roads are rough, it may be that some people will find that sport mode is (slightly) too harsh. Thinking about it, for the roads I use, I prefer the F10 in sport mode even when the roads are slightly rough, but this may be because it's not as rough as some roads.

If it's just a software fix, all the better I'm awaiting more information when more F10s are tuned. A problem is most F10s are not sold here with adaptive drive, will need more feedback from forums

I may be recalling incorrectly as to how the standard suspension feels, just that my recollection is that its damping seemed better than AD's normal mode. (I'm not talking about anti-roll here; the F10 travelling straight or with slight turns at varying speeds).

But I have no problem with the steering itself or the F10 generally as I think it's a great car

It has been mentioned that the steering stiffens above 50 mph (not 70/80 mph), and I have no problem with the steering weight either.

ps SDRX says that the M-Sport suspension makes the F10 firmer than AD's sport mode http://f10.5post.com/forums/showpost...9&postcount=15

Last edited by bm323; 10-13-2010 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0