11-01-2011, 04:19 AM   #11
jxnco
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
Just noticed that you are having issues with low end torque..... bummer. But kinda expected, right? How much of a perceived sluggishness compared to before?
I didn't install the whole exhaust system on mine. Just tips. I tried RC3's with Hamann's on and I noticed there is some sluggishness. Very minimal but still noticeable. In sport mode, you don't notice it as RPM is usually above 2K. Or you can just use the paddles to downshift. There is also some amount of droning but again minimal. When you hit 3K RPM, droning goes away and all you hear is the engine roaring.

That being said it was enough to put me off and just get quad tips for aesthetic purposes. Recently though I've come across 3D/Arqray that has a different design than Supersprint/Hamann. The muffler is not straight through but sideways just like the stock muffler. I guess this gives extra back pressure. Also, on the right side, there's an extra resonator/muffler to provide some more back pressure as well as to take out the droning sound. Z shop they've installed quite a few arqrays and no droning at all. Also, almost no lost of low end torque. Very pricey but this might be the prefect solution I'm looking for.

I used to think I should've gone for the 535 instead of the 528 so I wouldn't be worrying about low end torque. But more and more I think I made the right choice. The free reving NA engine is just sheer enjoyment. I drive 50KM every day to and back so I get lots of chances to "step on it." Also, I think this will be the last of the NA I6. In the future, it'll just be 4 potter turbo or I6turbo. Might as well get one now.

If I work in HK island, I think I would've gone for the 535.

One car that I really want to get my hands on is the Z8. Don't think I've ever seen one in HK.
Appreciate 0