View Single Post
      04-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #3
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Incentive (bmw factory delivery credit) probably starts around July/August and rebate probably be $1500 range to start. The increment will be $500 for each month goes by (I am using the MY2011 as illustration)

MY2011, the maxium for such rebate reached $3500 by November 2011.

Let say there is another exact incentive program running this year (MY2012) and if you are thinking of buying around November 2012, thenyou should get the BMW factory delivery credit + another 8- 8.5% off the optioned MSRP. Therefore, in theory, you can get about $9 - $10K off the car, pending what optioned you configured

Btw, please don't let any dealers fool you when they suggest they are giving you such a deal if one suggests the dealer is offering $5000 off. You need to focus on how much is the dealer's discount and how much is the bmw canada's rebate. Then you combine the two to get the grand total.

If you are buying now, you should be getting around 7% - 7.5% off, pending which local market you are at. If you are in GTA, then that's what you should be asking & getting. NOTE: when the MY2012 came out in the Fall 2011, people are getting 6 - 6.5% off, in the GTA market.

I had a thread in the past that I argued with Canbec BMW for the shell game of discounts being given.
Hmm your post is very helpful!

I have purchased a 3 series before in GTA, however this time, I believe I will have to order the car in. Yea the 7-8% off is def sep from the discount...best to offer them a total value of the cheque I intend to cut.

Can I still order the car (2012 model...doesn't bother me what year it is) and still get the 3000-3500 dollar credit...or is late September too late to custom order a 2012?
Appreciate 0