08-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #40
CH79
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 530d xDrive (G31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
that is expensive which ever way you look at it.
I wonder how many people will actually update their nav?

To be honest when I ran my e39 I dodn't update the nav for many years and 99% of the time its fine, you do occasionaly find a road or roundabout that wasn't on the map but no showstoppers, probably not a big deal though.

At those prices I won't be updating every year, perhaps ever 4-5 years more realistically.
I also have to face the fact that after 3 years I'll be looking to keep RTTI going as well which I belive means a cost to keep BMW assist or whatever its called to stop it falling back to TMC.

Perhaps BMW assume that as we are able to pay for an expensuive car we are moneyu bags and will happily pay £200 for an nav update?
I agree that the updates are very expensive but say the update costs £200, that's only about 10% of the cost of the full system. TomTom percentages probably work out more expensive! But yes I agree that BMW thinks you can afford that if you can afford a BMW!

My point is that when you pay a couple of thousand pounds for the nav system, it should be at least up to date when you drive the car out the showroom!
Appreciate 0