View Single Post
      05-11-2015, 02:42 PM   #19
fozzil
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i w/ Sport Pkg

Firstly, thank you for sharing the pics and procedure; helped a great deal. Guess it is probably just me being overly cautious - I undid the 4 screws and then the panel that has "AIRBAG" engraved to the right of it came off, dangling from a small cable connected to it at the back. I tried undoing the back black panel (with the power outlet and air inlet pockets) but it kinda seemed that the airbag panel was resting on top of it.

I was not sure whether to disconnect that wire or not since the air filters were under the huge black panel more towards the front, further ahead of the airbag module. I was very much afraid that I might do something silly and maybe set the airbag off, which was a warning vividly visible on that hanging front panel so I somehow put it back the way it was, spending another hour since the damn thing wouldn't just go back easily.

I totally understand how crampy that space down there is to even lay oneself down but wanted to put in a request for a favor - Is there any possible way, a video of this ordeal can be shared or a couple of pictures on what panel to remove to get to the next batch of unscrewing can be included for amateurs like me?

Much thanks.
Appreciate 0