View Single Post
      04-28-2014, 08:17 AM   #1
virtualbong
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 MSport

Experience Requested: 2011 550i Driving Characteristics

Hey guys,

I wanted to get everyone's opinion on how a 2011 550i M-Sport should feel when driving it. This past Saturday, I went to a small BMW dealership and test drove the following:

2011 BMW 550i
32,000 miles
Full New Car Warranty until September 2015
CPO Warranty
M-Sport Package
Premium Package 2
Heads Up Display
New Run-Flat Tires
They are also including the previous owners winter wheels and snow tires.

During my test drive, it was pulling to the right, which most likely is a misalignment but my main concern was that there was a consistent vibration (minimal but it's a $40K+ vehicle) under my seat. The Client Adviser also felt it. I know BMWs are not known to have that comfy feel like a Lexus but do you guys feel this type of vibration when driving? I don't know if it's because of the new run-flat tires or maybe imbalanced wheels. Note, there is no real steering wheel vibration and it was set at the "Comfort" setting.

Is this something I should be really concerned about? I had negotiated the price prior to arriving for the test drive to $43,750 but I am thinking that it is not worth $40,000 but just under. There was also some slight scratches on the front of the bumper right at the nose but they mentioned they would fix it or deduct the cost of fixing it from the price. The dealership was also 5 hours away so the Client Adviser and Sales Manager were very apologetic that they had me drive all the way over and did not notice these issues. I told them there is no way I would move forward with these issues so they have told me that they would look into this today and try to resolve the issue before Wednesday and drive the car to me to test drive if I was interested. It looks like they are trying to close the deal prior to month end so I definitely feel like I can squeeze some more out of them.

What do people think? What are your experience with the drive of an M-Sport packaged 550i? Am I safe since I still have full new car warranty?

Would love to hear everyone's input on this. Thank you!
2011 BMW 550i M-Sport (Jet Black/Cinnamon Brown) - 4/30/14 | 2007 BMW 328xi e92 (Jet Black/Coral Red) - PAST | 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (Ivory White/Stone) - PAST | 2005 Acura TSX (Obsidian Black/Black) - PAST
| 1998 Acura Integra (Black/Black) - PAST
Appreciate 0