View Single Post
      03-22-2012, 05:19 AM   #26
psyxologos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 330 ci SE, F11 530d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
I've got more than 158 so I don't know if that was it. Did you actually update the software? My car is a April 2011 build and there were two updates available which took about 12 minutes to download. You have to have the engine running but be stationary during that time.
Thanks for that. What I did was chose the only 'update' option available in the whole menu. when I chose this the car connected to 'BMW services' or something like that and after a while I got a message that the update was completed. The whole thing lasted 2-3 minutes and the engine was off. I will try again with the engine running, but as I said, the car has the latest com box update done at the dealership on Monday before I took delivery of the car. They said that the update is the latest and was released this month. If it not much trouble, can you take a screenshot of the screen that I need to get to in order to execute the over the air update? That way I know I am in the right place...

As for the number of contacts, I do not know. As my addressbook is loaded as normal when I first pair the phone but disappears afterwards, I am at a loss as to what is going on. My wife's phone is identical to mine, with the same software, everything the same. Only the number of contacts differers. I have now brought my contacts down to 123 so I will check again later and see...
Appreciate 0