View Single Post
      09-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #15
Bart@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: F95X5M | E46M3 | E92M3 | E60M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
Seems dumb putting all those mods on a lease. Not my money though. Car looks great!
3 years ago I would agree with you. To deal with the hassle of parting out and trading the car in back to the dealer is not only time consuming but also a big waste of time - but you do get to enjoy driving around in a car that you built and turns heads left and right. As far as losing money, let's just say I do OK on these transactions.

Since I opened AUTOcouture Motoring a few years ago with Sal that's all changed. My last 2 M3's I sold modded (both were leases) and I ended up doing pretty well on them. Customers sometimes fall in love with the car as is and we negotiate to where it both makes sense for us. My E92 M3 was bought out as a lease with all the mods on it, and my E90 M3 was lease swapped with all the mods on it, and both customers, and myself, we're beyond happy with the outcome.

This F10 is no different. The deal I got on the car to begin with is great since it's my 5th BMW, and for someone looking to mod the car in the same fashion as me, this is a ridiculously good deal when you find out what I'm asking for the mods. All my recent sales start out as feelers and in no way am I desperate to get out of the car, but everything I have is always for sale (besides my Wife ). There is way too many cars out there that I would scoop up and mod and flip again if I get the chance to. Life is too short to drive the same car for 2-3, 5, 10.. years. I'm not one to hang on to cars. I know some people are, but not me.

I can see how it "seems dumb" T-man, but I can assure you - I'll be alright

Thanks for the bump.
Appreciate 0