View Single Post
      03-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #229
AlexeyTO
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 535i xDrive

The "hesitation" issue was solved on my Aug 2011 built F10 with sport package and adaptive suspension about 3 weeks ago. I had typical lag issues reported on N55+8spd automatic, experiencing at times a 2 sec delay before power would arrive. I never asked the dealer to fix it as there was no fix anyways. They told me back in Jan that they were aware of the issue and reportedly BMW had promised an update to come in Q1'12.

So, the dealer recently changed on-board computer (CIC), which was rebooting at times and also re-flashed the car to ensure the newer CIC matches 2011 car. Since then I have no problem with car responsiveness whether I start accelerating from standstill or trying to accelerate quickly while cruising. The lag is gone in all modes (comfort, standard, sport,, sport+) and my car is finally more enjoyable (though it is still a heavy one)

Don't know the firmware version, but suggest that your dealers check with BMW. No need to change the CIC, just apply specific update. Also gone is sporadic engine's RPM throttling at cold start.
Appreciate 0