01-04-2016, 10:37 AM   #134
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree View Post
Please post the torque settings if you can find them. The guys at Bavsound assured me that they would provide the torque settings prior to shipping the speakers, but they failed to do so. I got mine pretty tight, but I'm going to stop by my local dealer and see if they can look it up for me.

I spent some time in the car yesterday listening to all kinds of music, and messing around with the EQ settings. So far I like the sound. Bass is much clearer, and I'm hearing things that I haven't heard before in my music. I haven't really pushed the volume too high yet, but there is a good solid punch from these speakers, and much improved low end frequency response. Overall I am very happy with this upgrade. I think it's a significant improvement over the stock speakers, just as I think the stage 1 was a significant upgrade as well. I'm interested to hear what everyone else's experience is as well. My only (minor) criticism so far is that Bav failed on the gasket issue, failed to provide torque specs, and failed to provide good install instructions specific for the f10 chassis.
These things were easily overcome, but I think they could have done a little better in that regard.

Should be 43 nm and the bolts are one time use only and recommended you replace the, once removed. 2.00 each from getbmwparts online..

Here you go courtesy of another member...

According to BMW ISTA/D this is the procedure to remove/ install front seat of BMW F10.
Move front seat rearwards.
Release screws (1).
Installation note:
Replace screws.

Tightening torque 52 10 01AZ.
1AZ Seat to floor panel F01 / F02 / F03 / F04 / F07 / F10 / F11 / F18 M 10 (trilobular) Replace Powerlock screw (self-locking) 43 Nm
This means that once you remove the seat bolts, you can not reuse it. It is powerlock screw, one time use only. Tighten torque is 43 NM.

Part number for the screw is 07149156953, total of 8 for two front seats.

I already order the screws with BMW, less than $2 each.
Need to wait for screws for about a week.
Appreciate 0