TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by en1gma View Post
The steering feedback is THE biggest problem I have with my F10.

Yes, it may be linear and relatively precise, but there is absolutely no sense of mechanical connection between the steering wheel and the tyres. This lack of sensation/feedback to inputs is very unnerving and makes it hard to judge positioning the car. Even at low speeds, e.g. when negotiating tight spaces. It's like you are guessing that you've turned the wheel the correct amount!

Plus there is less self-centering forces, too: I find I start 'correcting' it when I'm simply going straight on motorways as the wheel doesn't stay rock steady. Also fidgety when trying to hold a steady line through a corner. This means my wrists hurt after a long journey.

Still way better than other cars I've tried, but nowhere near the standards of the BMWs I've had the pleasure of driving since 1999. And making me seriously consider changing to another make next time around...
LOL that's exactly how I felt when I borrowed my uncle's Camry. There was absolutely no feeling - it was just a steering wheel that turns and doesn't allow you to know what's going on.
Appreciate 0