Thread: Upsizing
View Single Post
      08-23-2013, 01:07 AM   #6
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

Thanks again for the advice. Yup, spotted the luxury comes with Prof Nav as standard which is great but I personally prefer the M Sports look and it's great that the 5's now all come with Business Nav as standard.

I sprung for the full prof media with USB and Bluetooth Audio in the 3 because I really thought that Idrive made the car. Not too bothered about upgrading from the Business Nav this time, the bigger screen would be nice but as long as it's got iDrive, sat nav and USB audio I'm happy.

Can anyone confirm the LCI's USB audio definitely takes a digital feed from the source device, by-passing it's own inbuilt DAC? I'm sure it does but just want to confirm if possible.

Also, other than the better maps does anyone know what else business nav loses out on over the prof Nav in the LCI?

I think it's going to be between the 528i and 530d M Sports with

Sports Plus Pack (19's, HK Audio, Sun Protect Glass, Spoiler)
Folding Mirrors
Adaptive Headlights (inc. Full Beam Assist)
Full Black Panel Display

Trying to keep within a set budget so would probably have to lose the Adaptive headlights to add the VDC. Having had the adaptive headlights in the 3 I think they're great so don't really want to lose them. I'm sure the Adaptive Drive is fantastic but again, stretching the budget somewhat.

I am going to test drive the 520d as well but unless at the moment I think I'll be going for one of the more powerful versions. Fancy something a bit swifter next.

Thanks!