View Single Post
      09-02-2011, 05:16 AM   #5
Holmax
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E63 Amg

Thanks for the quick replys guys.
I'm sure I won't be disappointed coming across to the 'dark side'. Years ago I had a mk2 318i and loved the handling on that car although it used to get a bit hairy on wet roundabouts!
Just before my amg I had an Audi rs6 and really didn't like the rock hard suspension on that car and from reading, the s line a6's are just as stiff, so hopefully the bimmer is a bit softer.

I'm not bothered about DVD while actually driving, it's more for when my better half goes into Asda, I hate shopping so generally sit in the car and watch a film. So can you play DVDs on the front screen at stand still?

I've read a bit about fitting non run flats and as you guys have pointed out it can affect handling, but as my winter tyres are 265x35x19 the side wall is already very shallow so I can't imagine it will effect the handling very much and at the end of the day you can't really exploit the handling to much extent on damp cold winter roads.
My merc book recommends 255 on every wheel with winter tyres (normal summer tyres are 285x30 rear and 245x35 front) but as winter tyres were like rocking horse dodahs last year I had to get 265's right round. So I can't imagine them not fitting ok.

Does anyone know if you can actually order the car with non run flats?

Last edited by Holmax; 09-02-2011 at 05:22 AM..
Appreciate 0