View Single Post
      07-26-2011, 08:39 AM   #20
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Originally, I want to spend a bit less by going to get the VMR wheels, but at that time, nobody can assure me those wheels will clear the 550 front brake caliper, therefore, due to uncertainty, I have to go to BMW stock winter rims/tires combo package as you can see the pic of my car with them on post # 17 from above. The price difference is about $1200 between BMW stock combo package & VMR combo package.

Tires are Dunlop WinterSport 3D RF 245/45/18. Very good winter tires and if you are buying winter tire this year, Dunlop has just updated the 3D to a 4D.

If you are buying non BMW rims, ie. aftermarket rims, here are the guidelines. This package will definitely fit your 535 or 550. If you have 528, I believe you can downsize to 17".

1) For 18" wheel, try to get 18 * 8 , offset 30. +/- a couple of points from 30
2) The tires for the above wheel should be 245/45/18
3) Winter tires of your preference & liking & budget
4) Hub centric rings are highly recommended and even required to ensure no vibration issue
5) No need to buy another set of TPMS for the winter setup

If you are buying in the GTA, tires23.com & Gofortires.com are couple of good places to deal with.

Hope this help you a bit. If you need more info & clarification, just PM me and I would be happy to provide further guidance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YIUSC View Post
Hi Captain.

many thks for yr reply which highly appreciated. by the way wud appreciate to know how's your VMR v710 18" winter tire package is working on yr car and what are the tires you put on the wheels? is it also work with mine ( bmw 5xdrive 2012 model supposed to deliver to me in mid oct 2011 )

Many thks in advance

best regards

Last edited by bobblehead; 07-26-2011 at 08:48 AM..
Appreciate 0