05-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #3226
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
During those tournaments, a media pass is required to access the field. And to be honest, you dont want to go there if you're not into paintball lol. It can get real messy for a lens and camera.

You almost have to play the field layout before the games to know the deadspots and the action spots. Just so you know where you can stand and be safe and also where the action is. But if you can take the risk of being personally shot or even worst; getting shot on the optics, its a fun sport to shoot. The best pics arent from a player shooting people; but from a player actually getting shot. If you can squeeze the shutter at the same time the ball breaks on the player, you got yourself a moneyshot. And the more he gets hit, the more "colored" will be your picture. That's what you want

I get shot all the time just being a referee (And I got the damn ref jersey!); so I wouldnt be a photograph during those games. During some games of paintball, yes; but not this league. You got 10 players; 5 on each side, shooting their guns at 15 balls per second. Sometimes, its litterally raining. Players from this league would make good soldiers. Shoot first and ask questions after!

But let me know where you're located so I can know what the easiest for you. This summer, I got two in Kitchener, two in Ottawa and the remainder is in Quebec and US. No more West coast this year (means more time with the family and more time shooting things and events) !
would be neat to get a press pass for. I have a rain cover for my camera, that would work, however, wouldn't cover the front glass element. And that's where insurance comes in

Where do you guys play? in the kitchener/waterloo/cambridge area?

I'm sort of on the border of Kitchener/Waterloo. But with the expressway and the 401 going through town, everything is an easy drive.
Appreciate 0