View Single Post
      07-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #70
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
Today I contacted my dealer in Germany to try to have confirmation on what are the exact production dates in which the new Professional Navigation system will be installed into the F10/F11. He confirmed last week with the BMW Product Management that the F10/F11 will have this starting in September 2012 production, or week 36 onwards, which is precisely when my car starts being built in the assembly line for a delivery at the end of week 37. That left me happier but still I will keep my fingers crossed until I receive the car...

After receiving news from the UK market, and now the German market, I would assume that this September cutoff date is probably worldwide for all F10/F11's.
I certainly hope thats not the case. Sept is also when everyone else gets the new 6WB dash cluster option but the US isn't getting that until the F10 LCI as a MY2014.

It makes zero sense for Bmw to switch over to 2013 MY early for the F10 in July (usually its Sept/Oct) if there is no difference between that and the 2012 car. If this is true about Sept production change for the new nav there are going to be a bunch of 2013 F10's that are basically 2012's with none of the new features.

All this is making me go nuts waiting for my car which is still sitting at my local port!

Alan