07-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #77
MPH
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 530D SE 2013 Imperial Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
I too was told that the UK MY2013 builds started Week 27 (July 2nd). Does anyone know what code their Sat Nav is? The new builds should be ZMB, ZMP or ZMQ and I sort of assumed the new software would come with the new hardware - but I guess that's a stupid assumption when it comes to BMW

My (now on holiday) dealer assured me my July 30th (now sometime in August) delivery will have the 'latest' software - but of course that could be the 2012 software if the 2013 version is still not released
So got hold of my dealer today:

"No worries" he says, "of course your car will have the new CIC and software".

"Phew" I said, "all the forums are saying that it won't be available until Week 36 build and I was worried because mine is scheduled as a Week 32 build".

"Week 32 build?" he replies, "Didn't I tell you, your car is now scheduled for Week 38 build".

"What!" I exclaimed, "you told me July 30th, then mid August and now it's the end of September - that's 2 months late!".

"Lucky you" he chortled, "if we had kept our delivery promise you wouldn't have had the new CIC and software, so its a good thing really its running 2 months late!".

"*******" I replied.

So he confirmed that the new software is only on Week 36 build onwards. He sort of indicated that most builds are on hold until then anyway, but after all the other stories he's told me, I would check with your own dealer.

PS - not sure about whether the new CIC is also not available until Week 36, it got a bit fraught at that point and I wasn't paying too much attention

Guess I need to change my signature thingy below this......

Last edited by MPH; 07-30-2012 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0