03-22-2017, 05:57 PM   #23
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
Real world tests tend to disagree with that statement.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34114

Also, I don't exactly expect Magnaflow to be against muffler modifications! They are saying that "Under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1975, 15 USC, 2302 and Clean Air Act 42 of USA code 7541, you have rights." What does that even mean? They're not specifically pointing to any rights pertaining to exhaust modifications that add power. If a car makes more power than it did when it's stock, it's working outside of the intended parameters.
BMW sells Akraprovic Exhausts as their M performance exhausts and installs them with warranty untouched. It does not void a warranty and it would be hard for them to prove it does from that fact alone.

You can believe what you want, the law is cut and dry. Contracts are black and white and MMWA does not govern them if the contract has velvet daggers. I've laid out facts and cited sources, I'm not the only person that feels these "Aftermarket Warranties" are a gamble so I'm officially done on this thread.

OP, A lot of people/reputable companies (Consumer Reports, Edmunds, Dave Ramsey, Clark Howard, etc) advise to steer clear of these "warranties" for a reason. Sure, some get lucky and get their money worth, but many more lose out on theirs mainly because they never need them. I apologize for clogging up your thread, it's your money so do as you please. There are a ton of resources online like the BBB for reviews on these insurance companies.

I highly recommend talking to the dealer to see if you can get the CPO Gold package warranty or higher. It's an official partial extension of your BMW warranty and you'll have no issues. If you get referred to a 3rd party, ask for an exclusionary warranty. It costs way more but there are no exclusions to what they cover.

Last edited by SLVSRFR; 03-22-2017 at 06:34 PM..
Appreciate 0