Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpfarrell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadred View Post
So I've been seeing a lot of "warranty advice" threads lately in regards to which warranty to get for their N63, but not many that have posted they are taking their chances that any future repair costs will not exceed the price of an extended warranty... Anyone else out there that has had good luck with their N63/N63tu vehicle and decided against an aftermarket warranty? Tell me I'm not crazy here (or tell me I am ). Thanks for your input.

I guess I read "Anyone else out there that has had good luck with their N63/N63tu vehicle and decided against an aftermarket warranty" and thought that was the Original Topic.

Have a nice weekend.
I have a 2012 550 with 74k miles on her, got her with 31k miles. I have extended warranty up to 100k or 6/18. So far only had one issue and it was injectors and a coil needing replacement which was covered by the warranty. I have seen a lot of good and bad on the n63 from various people so I can't say one way is right or not, but I will say it has been more reliable than I thought. You must keep in mind you are not getting a moderate performance v6 from say an impala. These are high performance engines not high reliability. Not saying I wouldn't like both but sometimes we have to choose...
Appreciate 0