View Single Post
      05-27-2014, 09:01 AM   #4
Mr Clean
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

#1) My buddy used the Custom Edge ultimate coverage by Warrantech and has loved it. He purchased it for $2700 when he bought his 2010 335i at 48,500 miles. About 10 months after purchase he developed turbo issues and was able to get the entire thing covered under warranty by them with no issues (less the $200 deductible). I have purchased the same coverage at a discount because my car is at 36K miles. Try to get an extended warranty before 50K miles because they cost quite a bit less when you do.

#2) Definitely request to have your brakes and rotors changed if you haven't done so and the fluid flushed if the interval is close by (say within the next 3,000 miles or so). Also request a check of the entire undercarriage for broken elements and such. Drive your car with the radio off and windows up in a quiet environment and listen closely for odd rattles and creaks. Also inspect the front and rear lights for condensation and settling water ect.

Remember that after the warranty period your mostly on your own. Try to get EVERYTHING checked out and ask your SA to see to it that this is done so you can have a piece of mind knowing the car is still performing as it should or that you need replacement of parts that can still be covered before your warranty period is up.