11-01-2010, 07:09 AM   #8
krell
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 520D

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegarho View Post
Thanks guys - all proving to be extremely useful input.

If I go for these, then I have a trade-off to make ... VDC vs SatNav

I know they are 2 completely different things but what do people think? I'm used to an in-car SatNav, but my test drive had VDC, so I don't know how the car is without it. Also, on SatNav, what does the Professional one give you that the business one doesn't - i.e. is it worth the 400 gbp extra?
You're going through the painful decision process many of us have been through

I also ordered VDC (my car was delivered on Sarturday) and I'm pleased I have it. I ordered it for comfort reasons because I found the standard suspension didn't cope with bad road surfaces well. It thudded over potholes and other imperfections in a way that intruded into the cabin (and my spine). Even my wife (who is not a car enthusiast) noticed it. With VDC the car copes with bad road surfaces very well. I have no complaints - and my last car was a Mercedes S Class.

If you are going to spend £1500 for business sat nav you will forever kick yourself for not spending the £400 extra for the professional version. It is so much nicer. The most obvious difference is a 10" wide screen compared to a 7" 4:3 aspect screen. The smaller screen has what the press has called "horrible plastic inserts" to cover up the space the 10" screen would have taken.

If you can find any way of doing it, buy both - even if it means living in poverty for a couple of months
Appreciate 0